Media Experts is a leading Canadian media agency helping major Canadian brands deliver messaging across broadcast, print, out of home and digital. We are data-driven and powered by the spirit of discovery. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working Mediasystems™ that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
We are looking to hire a Media Planner for our office in downtown Vancouver. This position provides someone with a passion for Media and Advertising with a tremendous opportunity to join one of Canada’s top media agencies and to learn shoulder-to-shoulder from some of the best media talent in our industry.
A bit about the role:
In a nutshell, the role is to develop and present custom-designed strategic media recommendations for our customers, including plan implementation, management, and analysis. It also includes:
- Collaborating directly with customers to understand their specific business objectives.
- Communicating with agency partners and media vendors to develop innovative opportunities that advance our customers’ advertising strategies
- Keeping accurate and timely client finance reports and budget control reports (BCRs)
- Overseeing the stewardship of customer campaign objectives, continuing dialogue with creative agencies, collaborating closely with media buying teams, managing media budgets, and campaign activity reporting while adhering to administration policies and standards for delivering on Media Experts’ customer service promise.
A bit about you:
- You have a strong knowledge of the range of media, vehicles, and formats available to advertisers both online and offline
- You’re career-focused, resourceful, creative, and analytical with a passion for continued development
- You’re a strong team player yet work well independently
- You are detail-oriented with an aptitude for multi-tasking who works well under pressure
- You’re known for your excellent written and oral presentation skills
- You’ve got 1- 2 years of media planning or buying experience under your belt
- You bring to the table a Diploma or Degree in advertising, communications, or a similar field
- You’re proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and media research tools (e.g. Clear Decisions, Vividata, Neilson)
- You’ve got extensive knowledge of the full range of media research tools and their application in media planning.
What’s in it for you?
- Beer and wine Fridays? Check.
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp in Ontario? Check.
- An annual rocking holiday party in Montreal? Check.
- From the tip of the ocean to the top of the mountain in twenty minutes, and work in a beautiful office in Vancouver’s vibrant Gastown neighborhood? Check.
- An agency that truly believes in giving back to the community through volunteer outreach programs? Check.
- All the free Cheerios and Granola you can eat? CHECK!
- And of course, compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off during the holiday season.
If this describes you and you are ready to join the team at Media Experts, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate ‘Media Planner, Vancouver’ in the email subject.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Media Experts, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Media Experts is a leading Canadian media agency helping major Canadian brands deliver messaging across broadcast, print, out of home and digital. We are data-driven and powered by the spirit of discovery. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working Mediasystems that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results. The energy in all our offices is contagious, vibrant and fun!
We are always on looking for great talent who have a passion for doing great work and having fun along the way! If that is you, don’t hesitate to drop us a note with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.