Media Experts is a leading Canadian media agency helping major brands deliver messaging across broadcast, print, out of home and digital. We are data-driven and powered by the spirit of discovery. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working Mediasystems™ that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
We are currently recruiting for a Media Planning Manager to join our Vancouver office, located in Gastown. The role is to supervise and manage our integrated media planning product and assume an active role on the business. The incumbant will assist with the development of media strategies and operating procedures, and will also be responsible for leading, mentoring, coaching, and developing employees.
This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media planning team to ensure the product is grounded in insights and experience, resulting in flawless media executions.
What you’d be doing day-to-day:
- Lead the preparation, writing, and presentation of integrated media plans, proposals, and analysis that satisfy client objectives and go beyond the brief.
- Maintain stewardship and accountability of media plans by regularly evaluating and monitoring executions.
- Liaise and foster knowledge-sharing with other disciplines internally, partner agencies, and other departments to ensure that media and client knowledge is current.
- Ensure that all media plans adhere to the agency’s values, philosophies, and processes.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of evaluations of media opportunities, media trends, and issues of interest to clients.
- Be aware of client KPIs and objectives, ensuring that tracking is in place for check-ins as required.
- Manage and lead a team of employees for whom you effectively communicate agency goals, manage workloads, provide ongoing performance feedback, and support professional development. Interview and participate in hiring decision of employees if/when required.
- Accurately and effectively manage client’s day-to-day planning requirements, with a strong understanding of client’s business objectives and KPIs.
- Inform leadership of potential challenges and opportunities as it relates to client and/or people management.
- Influence decision making by encouraging appropriate strategies and benefits of offerings to clients.
- Participate in additional agency/team projects and new business presentations as required.
- Oversee financial media control, including purchase authorizations, billing, and budget control reports and ensure that discrepancies are resolved in a timely fashion.
You’d be a perfect fit if you already have:
- Post-Secondary education (university graduate and/or advertising/marketing college degree) preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience in integrated media planning.
- History of developing positive ongoing business relationships with a focus on client service.
- Ability to develop and foster strong relationships and partnerships, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively apply knowledge and insights gained from research resources to media planning.
- Previous experience managing and developing employees.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, supporting a team, self-development, etc.
- Proficiency with media research tools (e.g. Clear Decisions, Vividata, Neilson), and media tools (e.g. Prisma).
This position is for you if:
- You have a strong learning agility, with a passion for continuous development.
- You have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and your presentation skills are sharp.
- You are an independent thinker with highly developed organizational skills and a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- You work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- You work collaboratively as well as independently.
- You’re proficient at using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- You have the ability to travel as required.
What’s in it for you?
- Beer and wine Fridays? Check.
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp in Ontario? Check.
- An annual rocking holiday party in Montreal? Check.
- From the tip of the ocean to the top of the mountain in twenty minutes, you work in a beautiful office in Vancouver’s historic and vibrant Gastown neighborhood? Check.
- An agency that truly believes in giving back to the community through volunteer outreach programs? Check.
- All the free Cheerios and granola you can eat? Check.
- Compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off during the holiday season? CHECK!
- And of course, an awesome agency and clients to work with.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate “Vancouver-Manager, Media Planner” in the subject line.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Media Experts, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Media Experts is a leading Canadian media agency helping major Canadian brands deliver messaging across broadcast, print, out of home and digital. We are data-driven and powered by the spirit of discovery. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working Mediasystems that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results. The energy in all our offices is contagious, vibrant and fun!
We are always on looking for great talent who have a passion for doing great work and having fun along the way! If that is you, don’t hesitate to drop us a note with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.