The best way to get someone’s attention is to break a pattern. With that in mind, Media Experts has been turning industry heads for 38 years by Making a Bigger Impression. A data-driven Canadian media agency powered by the spirit of discovery, we build iconic brands within the Canadian market. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working Mediasystems™ that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
Xpeto, our in-house programmatic offering, is looking for their next Director, Programmatic to join our Toronto office. We are a fast-paced, risk-taking, close-knit environment where ideas come from everywhere at every level. We believe that diversity of background, talent, skillset and mindset create a flourishing environment for new thinking and ideas. Our business is growing and we always looking for new talent. If you are driven by challenging work, passionate about media and technology and interested in helping to shape the future of our industry, we want to hear from you!
A bit about the role:
The Director will be responsible for leading a team of programmatic analysts across our Toronto and Montreal offices while leveraging their in-depth knowledge of the programmatic space along with strong technical and analytics skills.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Lead a team of programmatic experts and ensure processes are clear and adhered to (including but not limited to methodology for tracking campaign delivery/performance, billing requirements, campaign wrap reports, and recommendations).
- Combine media market and technical knowledge, data analysis, and client feedback to help sell, develop, configure, operate, and optimize complex campaigns to meet client objectives.
- Act as a first point of escalation for programmatic-related issues around and not limited to campaign performance. Ensure issues are dealt with tact and in a timely manner.
- Consult with operations team regarding development and alignment of campaign capabilities and service delivery
Senior-level customer service:
- Develop, evolve, and refine the client service process.
- Actively participate in new business and internal agency dealings.
- Provide proactive contribution to client business growth by identifying new business opportunities.
- Proactively participate in account planning management meetings with all account agencies within his/her portfolio.
- Become an expert in the use and best practices for multiple Demand Side Platforms, offering insights on how to improve campaign effectiveness through deep use of each platform’s functionality.
- Develop longer term solutions for clients including custom data management solutions, data solutions and work with clients and agencies to expand scope of services within client base to capture all possible opportunities arising from the audience platform approach.
- Be a programmatic evangelist for internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess a proven track record for vetting various ad tech opportunities and assessing unique value propositions to better serve our clients. Lead a team of product experts to evolve our product offering and foster education among the agency.
Education / thought leadership:
- Bring to the team an in-depth knowledge of the digital media industry and media market dynamics.
- Develop training programs for agencies and clients including 101’s, 102’s, Future of Programmatic, Product Overviews, POVs on industry hot topics, etc.
- Ensures that his/her team is fully trained on all aspects of planning and audience reporting, use of research tools, as well as the development of writing and presentation skills.
- Manage account planning and account assignment processes across his/her unit, including managing to a tiered level of service based on account tiers.
- Define allocation of portfolio management to his/her respective team with the approval of the Co-Director, Programmatic Systems.
- Mentor and develop his/her unit, including goal setting, collaboration, training, feedback reviews, and other career development opportunities.
- Proactively support the Co-Director, Programmatic Systems in hitting the revenue goals defined at the beginning of the year for this specific unit by looking for organic growth opportunities and new business opportunities within his/her cluster clients.
- Manage revenue analysis to optimize and provide strategic guidance.
- Monitor and track performance vs target revenue objective.
This position is for you if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (preference to Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Business or other quantitative concentration).
- 7+ years of experience in digital media account management with a leading online advertising agency, network, advertising exchange or optimization firm, preferably in a client service-focused role.
- Experience in sales, pitching and business development are strongly favored.
- Experience of working to targets and forecasts and taking responsibility for the business performance of a client or group of clients within an organization.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions based on data.
- A strong knowledge of ad targeting methodologies.
- An understanding of ad networks, ad exchanges, DSPs, and/or auction marketplaces.
- An ability to investigate, analyze, and solve problems, and clearly communicate results.
- MS Office fluency, including Excel pivot tables & chart making. Experience with MS Access, VBA/Excel Macros, SQL, SAS or other data manipulation tools a strong plus.
- Experience in growing, managing, and inspiring internal teams; strong leadership and organizational skills.
- A handle on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with the ability to learn and apply new concepts and tools quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ideally comfortable in a consultative, client-facing environment.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team
- As required by client business priorities, this role will need to accommodate flexibility with their work schedule, as needed.
What’s in it for you?
- Beer and wine Fridays? Check.
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp in Ontario? Check.
- An annual rocking holiday party in the foothills of Quebec? Check.
- An agency that truly believes in giving back to the community? Check.
- A beautiful office in Toronto’s ad industry hood, King West? CHECK!
- And of course, compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off during the holiday season.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. and indicate “Director, Programmatic” in the subject line.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Media Experts, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.