Jr. Business Analyst
The best way to get someone’s attention is to break a pattern. With that in mind, Media Experts has been turning industry heads for 38 years by Making a Big Impression. A data-driven Canadian media agency powered by the spirit of discovery, we build iconic brands within the Canadian market. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working Mediasystems™ that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
A bit about the role:
The role of Jr. Business Analyst will assist in monthly budget forecasting, customers audits, and analysis. The role is responsible for identifying, explaining, and following-up on all actual variances against budget/forecast, as well as preparing budgets and forecasts within the deadlines. This role involves substantial interaction and collaboration with the Client Account Leads as well as other team members in the Finance and Client groups that are part of Media Experts and IPG Mediabrands.
What you’d be doing day to day:
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasting reports and variance analysis.
- Assist in investigating, explaining, and resolving all variances where applicable (current vs. forecast, current vs. prior years, quarter vs quarter, etc…).
- Assist in customer cost analysis.
- Coordinating with the planning/buying teams with regards to forecasts, rates and plans.
- Taking initiative to streamline and improve upon existing processes; providing tangible solutions for on-going and future challenges.
- Performing other duties/ad hoc projects as assigned which are within the scope of this role.
- Assist in contract negotiations.
What we need from you:
- Post-secondary education – University graduate in Finance or Accounting, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and strong internal and client relationship skills.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, independent thinker and problem solver.
- Strong in math.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel).
What’s in it for you?
- Beer and wine Fridays? Check.
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp in Algonquin Park? Check.
- An annual rocking holiday party in the foothills of Quebec? Check.
- An agency that truly believes in giving back to the community? Check.
- A beautiful office in Toronto’s downtown core? CHECK!
- And of course, compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off during the holiday season.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Jr. Business Analyst- Montreal” in the email subject.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Media Experts, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.