JUNIOR DEVELOPER, BI SYSTEMS
Media Experts is a leading Canadian media agency helping major Canadian brands deliver messaging across broadcast, print, out of home and digital. We are data-driven and powered by the spirit of discovery. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working Mediasystems™ that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
We are on the hunt for a Developer for a junior-level position within its Business Intelligence team. Under the supervision of the Developer of Data Science, you will be tasked with the creation and management of proprietary Business Intelligence tools such as client dashboards and internal efficiency drivers. Ideal candidate will have solid back-end programming experience and a keen interest in data management and visualization. The ability to work autonomously and think outside of the box is a must.
- Manage the interchange of data between the server and the users
- Primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database and ETL infrastructure
- Develop API connections using Python to source data from 3rd party web sources
- Retrieve, model and maintain large data sets (ETL processes)
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve dashboard issues. Perform regular maintenance checks
- Provide support/training to customers and power users
- Support efforts in driving efficiencies across departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Up to 1 years of experience in back end development
- Deep knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Proficiency with SQL database, and back-end programming languages. Hands-on experience that include: Python and SQL
- Know how to work with RESTful APIs
- Experience in managing host environments, implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
What’s in it for you?
- Beer and wine Fridays? Check
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp? Check.
- An in-house chef for daily lunch at work? Check.
- All the summertime rooftop hangs and BBQs you can handle? Check.
- A beautiful office in Montreal’s burgeoning tech neighbourhood, Mile Ex? CHECK!
- And of course, compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off during the holiday season.
If you think you could make a great fit, please send your CV, and a cover letter referencing the Jr Developer, BI Systems position, to email@example.com.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Media Experts, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted