Junior Financial Analyst
Media Experts is a leading Canadian media agency helping major Canadian brands deliver messaging across digital, broadcast, radio, print, and out of home. We are data-driven and powered by the spirit of discovery. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working Mediasystems™ that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Financial Analyst to join our team in Montreal’s burgeoning tech neighborhood, Mile Ex.
A bit about the role:
Reporting directly to the Financial Analyst, the role of the Junior Financial Analyst is to support and participate in the monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reporting process. This means collaborating with various team leads and members, and demonstrating strong organizational skills, an ability to meet tight deadlines, and working independently and within a team. As such, the successful candidate will possess and exhibit a high degree of professionalism in their conduct and communications.
What you’d be doing day-to-day:
- Working with the Shared Service G/L team to ensure all month-end provisions are properly booked, and all balance sheet accounts are reconciled appropriately with sufficient back-up.
- Monitoring client accounts receivable (A/R) aging and follow-up with shared services collections and/or client service teams to ensure receivable balances do not exceed contractual terms.
- Liaising with client on any PO issues, billing issues, accounts receivable statements.
- Liaising with suppliers on account payable issues.
- Ensure internal tools, Hyperion and Vantage (SAP), schedules are loaded and consolidated appropriately.
- Proactively present well-researched ideas to streamline and improve upon existing processes, and/or provide innovative analytical insights.
- Utilizing accounting system to pull financial data to support the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting process, and
- Assisting the Financial Analyst and the overall team as needed on ad-hoc projects and assignments which are within the scope of the role.
You’d be a perfect fit if you already have:
- A post-secondary education – university/college graduate in Finance or Accounting, Bachelor’s degree.
- Preference of being in process of obtaining an accounting designation.
- Up to one year of experience in a similar finance role, preferably within a media agency, marketing, or advertising setting.
This position is for you if:
- You have an excellent ability to work on confidential data while maintaining a high level of discretion.
- You demonstrate achievement in recommending and implementing process improvements.
- You possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal), strong interpersonal skills, and strong internal and external relationship skills.
- You speak fluently in French and English (written and verbal).
- Your ability to work collaboratively as well as independently is seamless
- Your organizational skills are excellent and you’re able to prioritize.
- You pay attention to detail, and a high level of accuracy.
- You work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, with advanced Excel skills
- You have the strong ability to manipulate large volumes of data.
- Having DDS, SAP, and Hyperion systems experience would be an asset.
What’s in it for you?
- Beer and wine Fridays? Check
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp? Check.
- An in-house chef that cooks daily lunches? Check.
- An on-site gym to get your reps in? Check.
- All the summertime rooftop hangs and BBQs you can handle? Check.
- A beautiful office in Montreal’s burgeoning tech neighbourhood, Mile Ex? CHECK!
- And of course, compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off during the holiday season.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate “Junior Financial Analyst” in the subject line.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Media Experts, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.