Manager, BI/Ad Ops
Media Experts is a leading Canadian media agency helping major Canadian brands deliver messaging across digital, broadcast, print, and out of home. We are data-driven and powered by the spirit of discovery. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working Mediasystems™ that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
Media Experts is at the cutting edge of BI/ Ad Ops and enjoys the resources and tools made available through our global family at IPG Mediabrands. Our BI/ Ad ops team is the hub of all campaigns, running protocols for the collection, trafficking, and reporting on campaign details are what holds the media accountable to business objectives. The team is responsible for the quality of data and collaborates with our media design teams on the analysis of the results.
A bit about the role:
Based out of our office in downtown Toronto, the role of Manager, BI / Ad Ops will lead the team in executional excellence and in-depth digital media platform knowledge. The Manager will show vision for data collection, analysis, and visualization, and is responsible for troubleshooting and finding solutions in the fields of adserving, tag management and strategy, dashboard and digital media platforms, and audience segmentation and building.
We are searching for a highly organized and detail-oriented applicant who demonstrates leadership and has the technical background to teach and mentor a team of six or more Ad Ops Specialists.
What you’d be doing day to day:
- Oversee trafficking of campaigns across multiple digital marketing channels.
- Be actively involved in deployment of ad tech tools and Ad Ops processes.
- Ensure data flow between Adserver, DMP, DSP, and additional tools.
- Work with cross-functional teams to determine Ad Ops processes and best practices.
- QA adherence to naming conventions for all digital marketing activities.
- Recommend and implement site-side tagging across owned and operated properties.
- Work with vendors to ensure tracking needs are met.
- Be the point person for any tracking issues and troubleshooting tags.
- Work closely with media design teams, Special Business Units and vendors.
- Stay current with vendor offerings and vet/recommend changes and upgrades to existing tech stack.
- Be responsible for on-boarding and training new team members.
This position is for you if:
- You have a post-secondary diploma/degree and/or relevant professional experience.
- You have 3-6 years of experience implementing and managing ad tech team members.
- You’re familiar with ad-servers, DMPs, DSPs, and the digital media ecosystem in general.
- You have a proven track-record of implementing and successfully interconnecting ad-tech.
- You’ve got experience with ad trafficking (display, mobile, & video) across multiple platforms.
- You’re familiar with tag management systems (GTM, DTM, Drupal, WordPress etc).
- You’re detail oriented, self-motivated and time efficient.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Any experience working with remote teams is an asset.
- Any working knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, SQL, Python and other languages is an asset.
- You’re available to travel between Montreal and Toronto as needed, as the team is spread across both offices.
What’s in it for you?
- Beer and wine Fridays? Check.
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp in Ontario? Check.
- An annual rocking holiday party in the foothills of Quebec? Check.
- An agency that truly believes in giving back to the community? Check.
- A beautiful office in Toronto’s downtown core? CHECK!
- And of course, compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off during the holiday season.
If you think your profile fits the bill, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Manager, Ad Ops– Toronto” in the subject line.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Media Experts, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.