Manager, SOCIETY @ ME
SOCIETY is a full-service global social media agency comprised of talent from the worlds of digital, strategy, media, creative, and analytics. Our mission is to find brand purpose and deliver on business results in an increasingly fast-paced, always-on, mobile-obsessed digital landscape. Our subject matter experts collaborate with major Canadian brands to execute award-winning social campaigns that deliver meaningful, emotionally-charged consumer experiences and real business outcomes.
We are actively seeking for dynamic, best-in-class talent to join the Society team as Manager of our Social Media team in our Montreal office.
A bit about the role:
As Manager, you’ll lead a team of Social Media Specialists in developing and executing innovative paid social and native advertising media plans while overseeing process, account, and media activity for a portfolio of clients. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that SOCIETY clients receive best-in-class comprehensive social media plans that address their strategic business and marketing objectives. You’ll bring rigor to our quality controls, process creation, enforcement, monitoring, and improvement, all leading to the successful execution of world-class social programs that innovate, improve results, and add value to our customers.
Impress us with:
- Your strategic thought leadership skills that help develop, maintain, and optimize successful, world-class paid and organic social media programs
- Your finesse at managing a portfolio of clients (including daily campaign monitoring, budget management, optimizations, innovation and reporting and ensure accurate implementation across all accounts and campaigns)
- Your ability to become an expert in our client’s business and build trusted partnerships at every level
- Your passion for working with agency teams and clients as their main point of contact, then translating that passion to ensure their needs are met, their goals are achieved, and their campaigns are meeting and exceeding performance expectations
- Your comfort with providing the team, agency, and clients with thought leadership perspectives on trends and ahead-of-the-curve approaches to building, scaling, and leveraging paid & organic social programs. This includes POVs and forecasts for internal and external publication
- Your ability to create, present and sell strategies and media plans to both internal and external clients.
- Your management prowess to help develop, monitor, refine, and optimize processes, team roles, and responsibilities.
- Your comfort level acting as a coach, mentor to motivate the team and serve as a resource for direct reports for strategic and executional advice, including training and development programs that grow their careers
- Your expertise at performing quality control of key departmental outputs including strategic campaign and budget recommendations, contracts, forecasts, quarterly and year reviews, etc.
- Your offering of support by means of helping Directors, Managing Directors and VPs on clients, accounts, and staff management.
A bit about you:
- You’ve got a Bachelor’s degree with preference for Media and/or Marketing specialization
- Your digital media experience spans 3-5 years, preferably in social and with other agencies, including 2-3 years of supervisory and/or management experience
- You bring to the table demonstrable experience developing and managing robust, creative, and innovative paid and organic social media advertising programs with +$1 M budgets.
- You have a successful track record managing digital media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat and/or other digital/social platforms.
- Your solid understanding of the paid and organic social platform industry including major technology players like Sprinklr, 4C, Netbase, Affinio, Klear, Crimson Hexagon, etc.
- You boast a proven ability to understand high-level client goals and marketing objectives and how they translate into paid digital media strategy.
- You’ve built a solid understanding of cross channel planning and buying with strong coordination and integration of digital and offline media efforts.
- You’re at expert-level knowledge and experience with ad targeting and tagging methodologies.
- You have extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, coupled with outstanding analytical skills and the ability to generate insights, draw conclusions and provide recommendations based on data.
- You are able to multi-task and problem solve due to your performance-oriented nature, process-driven, excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- You’ll be able to fluently communication and write in French (it’s a given for the Montreal office). French interview and test will be required for consideration.
What’s in it for you:
- Beer and wine Fridays? Check
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp? Check.
- An in-house chef for daily lunch at work? Check.
- An on-site gym to get your reps in? Check.
- All the summertime rooftop hangs and BBQs you can handle? Check.
- An agency that truly believes in giving back to the community? Check.
- A beautiful office in Montreal’s burgeoning tech neighbourhood, Mile Ex? CHECK!
- And of course, compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off during the holiday season.
If this describes you and you are ready to join the fast-growing team at SOCIETY, please send your CV and cover letter to Joaquin.Murillo@societyagency.com. Only candidates who meet the required qualifications will be contacted for interviews.
SOCIETY is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in SOCIETY, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.