Search Marketing Analyst (SEO/PPC)
The best way to get someone’s attention is to break a pattern. With that in mind, Media Experts has been turning industry heads for 38 years by Making a Big Impression. A data-driven Canadian media agency powered by the spirit of discovery, we build iconic brands within the Canadian market. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working Mediasystems™ that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
A bit about the role:
Online Marketing at Media Experts has skyrocketed in the past year, and we’re looking to expand our team. The new Search Marketing Analyst (SEO/PPC) will be an integral team member, working closely with our account teams.
A bit about the job responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, manage, optimize, and report on Pay per Click (PPC) campaigns for various customers across a variety of online publishers including Google, BING, Yahoo, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Perform Search Engine Optimization (SEO) audits and provide recommendations to help improve the quantity and quality of organic traffic to customer websites.
- Conduct keyword research, analysis, bucketing, and matching in order to develop quality keyword lists for both PPC and SEO purposes.
- Create promotional text ads for use with a variety of campaigns across different publishers.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Link Building Programs for SEO customers.
- Monitor and report on SEO and PPC campaign performance through the use of Web Analytics, Software, Bid Management Platforms and Organic Ranking programs.
- Communicate effectively with internal account teams (offline and online) to make sure integrated marketing campaigns preserve a 100% integrated approach.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in the Search Marketing industry in North America through constant research, article reading, webinars, and industry events.
This position is for you if:
- You are passionate about pursuing a successful career in Search Marketing.
- You want to showcase your skills by working with the biggest brands in Canada.
- You love data, have strong instincts, good organizational, and great analytical skills.
- You pay extreme attention to detail, thrive under pressure, and are a team player.
- You want to join one of Canada’s top media agencies and be surrounded by some of the best talent in the industry in order to learn, grow, and be the best at what you do.
You’d be the perfect fit if you already have:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, Business Administration, Statistics, or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Search Marketing (SEO/PPC).
- Minimum of 1 year of client service and/or customer management experience.
- Proven track record of success in managing and optimizing SEO/PPC campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French & English.
- Strong analytical and research skills with an innate ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a very fast paced environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Omniture, WebTrends, and comScore.
- Experience using Ad Serving technologies like DART Search and DFA is an asset.
- Google Adwords Advanced Certification and MSN AdCenter Certificate is an asset.
- Knowledge of Social Media Marketing is an asset.
- Experience with A/B and/or Multivariate testing concepts is an asset.
What’s in it for you?
- Beer and wine Fridays? Check.
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp? Check.
- An in-house chef that cooks daily lunches? Check.
- An on-site gym to get your reps in? Check.
- All the summertime rooftop hangs and BBQs you can handle? Check.
- A beautiful office in Montreal’s burgeoning tech neighbourhood, Mile Ex? CHECK!
- And of course, compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off over the winter holidays.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter directly to the Director, Search Marketing, Mr. Chris Sylvestre at email@example.com.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Media Experts, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.