Senior Media Planner
Media Experts is a leading Canadian media agency helping major Canadian brands deliver messaging across broadcast, print, out of home and digital. We are data-driven and powered by the spirit of discovery. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working mediasystems that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
- Work with Account Directors to ensure superior work and fulfillment of: research, customer presentations, internal campaign briefings, facilitating brainstorming sessions, negotiations, Pre/Post buy reporting, and POVs
- Implement Media Experts exemplary care to customer servicing and administrative standards
- Project management to ensure all deadlines are met – through managing day to day planning responsibilities on assigned accounts
- Foster relationships with industry partners (media vendors, creative agencies, research providers) and internal teams
- Aid in the supervision and training of junior staff
- Assist in leading and inspiring internal teams
Core responsibilities include:
- Interpreting customer and creative campaign briefings
- Provide research & development to Media Experts Tradigital plans and recommendations
- Planning media that goes beyond the conventional flow chart, recognizing all forms of paid, owned and earned media.
- Provide strategy development for campaigns
- Gathers, organizes and presents competitive research and spending data.
- Negotiating of all media opportunities
- Presentation of media plans and recommendations to customers
- Staying abreast of latest advertising industry trends, and research with a focus to North America through article reading, webinars, and industry events.
Candidates will demonstrate successful experience
- Ability to interpret data and develop insights
- Deliver creativity in planning & to presentation
- High energy level, and willingness to do “whatever it takes”.
- At least 3 to 4 years of media planning experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience working on National accounts
- Knowledge of the range of media vehicles and formats available to advertisers
- Clear understanding of the key attributes to all media available
- Clear understanding of the fundamentals of media buying across all platforms
- Highly proficient with diverse Media Research Tools and Microsoft office software: MS Word, MS Excel, and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of SEM, and Social Media is an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Beer and wine Fridays? Check
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp? Check.
- A beautiful office in Toronto’s King West neighbourhood,? Check.
- And of course, compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off during the holiday season.
Those interested should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.