Senior Media Planner
The best way to get someone’s attention is to break a pattern. With that in mind, Media Experts has been turning industry heads for 38 years by Making a Big Impression. A data-driven Canadian media agency powered by the spirit of discovery, we build iconic brands within the Canadian market. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working Mediasystems™ that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
We are actively seeking a curious and passionate Senior Planner, Mediasystems Designs to join our dynamic team in Montreal. This position requires a 360-degree overview of media to develop and manage client media strategies, plan execution and analysis, and mentor and develop a team of staff members. We need someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and wants to deliver great work and industry firsts. If you value speed, teamwork and innovation, then you belong at Media Experts.
What you’d be doing day to day:
- Develop media strategies and present integrated plans, as well as oversee implementation and management of the plan;
- Develop/oversee recommendations that go beyond the conventional media flowchart to consider all forms of paid, non-paid/earned & owned media;
- Seek out opportunity for business development;
- Set realistic client expectations and make every effort to exceed them, by providing quality work in a timely and responsive manner;
- Mentor junior media professionals providing guidance on setting or re-defining priorities. Identify with staff, developmental opportunities and help them to work toward their professional goals;
- Lead and maintain strong client relationships while maintaining thorough, real time knowledge of client business;
- Manage and be accountable for media budgets and client billing.
You’d be a perfect fit if you already have:
- Over 2 years of media planning experience, including team management experience.
- Deep 360-degree understanding of all media planning and buying disciplines (digital and traditional)
- Educational background in a related field (media, advertising, marketing) or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, colleagues and vendors
- Experience in managing or developing staff, with strong leadership, mentoring and coaching skills
- Strong planning background with the ability to lead the media planning process
- Proven knowledge of traditional and digital planning and research tools and resources.
- Exceptional communication skills in English, both oral and written
What’s in it for you?
- Beer and wine Fridays? Check
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp? Check.
- An in-house chef for daily lunch at work? Check.
- All the summertime rooftop hangs and BBQs you can handle? Check.
- A beautiful office in Montreal’s burgeoning tech neighbourhood, Mile-Ex? CHECK!
- And of course, compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off during the holiday season.
Those interested should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Senior Planner, Mediasystems Design” in the subject line. Only candidates who meet the required qualifications will be contacted for interviews.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Media Experts, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.