Manager, Paid Search
The best way to get someone’s attention is to break a pattern. With that in mind, Media Experts has been turning industry heads for 39 years by Making a Big Impression. A data-driven Canadian media agency powered by the spirit of discovery; we build iconic brands within the Canadian market. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working media strategies that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
- Reporting to the Director Search Marketing Systems, the Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Position can be located in Montreal or Vancouver.
- Provide a team of Analysts and Coordinators with support in developing, implementing, managing, optimizing and reporting on Pay per Click (PPC) campaigns for various customers. Understand customer needs, grow relationships and build trust. Develop innovative SEM strategies that drive business results Lead, manage, supervise, motivate and mentor a team of Search Marketing Analysts & Coordinators.
- Help oversee SEM planning, buying and operational needs, according to the Media Experts processes
- Effectively communicate Search Marketing offering, strategy, KPIs, standards and performance optimization for Media Experts customers.
- Demonstrating, articulating, and “selling through” plans and strategic recommendations.
- Development of ongoing business relationships from the prospect stage through existing account management
- Assisting with new hires (interviews), supervision, training and mentoring.
- Embraces and encourages a culture based on team work, collaboration, personal growth and intellectual curiosity
- Delivering service according to the Media Experts Customer Service Promises
- Reviews agency deliverables for quality and ensures that recommendations and work product are sound and viable
- Ensures that proper SEM processes are in place and helps to re-evaluate to keep them current
- Keep abreast of industry issues and development; strong knowledge to emerging technologies, participate in industry associations.
- Monitors resource capacity and workload of labor pool within the team
- Ensures that Supervisors, Seniors and Analysts follow procedures to meet specified customer deadlines
- Provides thought leadership, technological and innovation opportunities in search marketing
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5+ Years of SEM/SEO Experience in Agency environment
- Team Leadership & Management Skills
- Excellent Presentation & Communication skills
- Expert SEM/SEO Knowledge, Strategy & Judgment
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data to develop actionable insights
- Demonstrate creativity in SEM/SEO planning
- Expert knowledge of Google Ads, BING Ads, Bid Management Platforms, Ad Serving Technologies, Competitive Intelligence, comScore, etc
- Strong Analytical & Research Skills including working knowledge of Web Analytics platforms
- Advanced Certification on Google Ads and Bing Ads
- Strong Knowledge and Understanding of How Other Media Affects SEM/SEO
- Experience in A/B and Multivariate Testing concepts
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point
Apply for this position here.
IPG Mediabrands is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in IPG Mediabrands, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.