The best way to get someone’s attention is to break a pattern. With that in mind, Media Experts has been turning industry heads for 39 years by Making a Big Impression. A data-driven Canadian media agency powered by the spirit of discovery, we build iconic brands within the Canadian market. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working media strategies that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
We are seeking Media Planner to join our Toronto office. This position provides someone seeking to advance their career in media and advertising with a tremendous opportunity to join one of Canada’s top media agencies, learning shoulder-to-shoulder from some of the best media talent in our industry.
What you’d be doing day to day:
- Develop and present custom-designed strategic media recommendations for our customers, including plan implementation, management, and analysis.
- Collaborate directly with customers to understand their specific business objectives.
- Communicate with agency partners and media vendors to develop innovative opportunities that advance our customers’ advertising strategies.
- Oversee the stewardship of customer campaign objectives, continuing dialogue with creative agencies, collaborating closely with media buying teams, managing media budgets, and campaign activity reporting while adhering to administration policies and standards for delivering on Media Experts’ customer service promise.
You’d be a perfect fit if you already have:
- Strong knowledge of the range of media, vehicles, and formats available to advertisers both online and offline.
- Career-focused, resourceful, creative and analytical.
- Strong team player yet have the ability to work independently.
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for multi-tasking.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Minimum of 1 year planning experience
- Diploma or Degree in advertising, communications, or a similar field.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Extensive knowledge of the full range of media research tools and their application in media planning.
What’s in it for you?
- Beer and wine Fridays? Check.
- Access to the latest industry platforms and training programs? Check.
- A chance to drive business results for top-tier Canadian brands? Check.
- An epic yearly trip to summer camp? Check.
- An in-house chef for daily lunch at work? Check.
- All the summertime rooftop lunches and BBQs you can handle? Check.
- An in-office gym with regularly-offered exercise classes? Check.
- A beautiful office in Montreal’s burgeoning tech neighbourhood, Mile Ex? CHECK!
- And of course, compensation based on experience, parental leave, health insurance, RRSP saving options, summer hours, vacation + extra-long weekends + a week off during the holiday season.
Apply for the position here.
Media Experts is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Media Experts, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.