Supervisor, Media Planning
The best way to get someone’s attention is to break a pattern. With that in mind, Media Experts has been turning industry heads for 39 years by Making a Big Impression. A data-driven Canadian media agency powered by the spirit of discovery; we build iconic brands within the Canadian market. Our unique approach revolves around designing effective, hard-working media strategies that drive brand engagement and deliver outstanding business results.
The role of a Media Planning Supervisor is to manage our media planning product through preparing and presenting media plans, proposals, and analysis. The Media Planning Supervisor is also responsible for training and mentoring junior employees. This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media planning team to ensure the product is grounded in insights and experience, resulting in flawless media executions.
- Lead the preparation, writing and presentation of integrated media plans, proposals and analysis that satisfy client objectives and go beyond the brief.
- Confidently and effectively communicate with the leadership team to address needs of the account (e.g. ensure campaigns launch according to plan, address questions quickly with appropriate client communication, flag concerns, etc.).
- Proactively prepare and present evaluations of media opportunities, media trends and issues of interest to clients.
- Ensure that all media plans adhere to the agency’s values, philosophies and processes.
- Maintain the media plan and regularly evaluate the campaign performance. Effectively manage ongoing client expectations in regards to work back schedule, and deadlines.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and respectful partner relationships.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the buy.
- Oversee team members in preparing and maintaining accurate and client finance reports and budget control reporting (BCRs).
- Provide ongoing actionable feedback and training to direct reports in order to ensure performance and development goals are achieved.
- Proactively contribute to and/or prepare media POVs. Contribute to the improvement of overall product and image and making recommendations where appropriate.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Post-Secondary education – University graduate and/or advertising/marketing College degree preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in integrated media planning.
- Ability to develop positive on-going business relationships with a focus on client service.
- Ability to build strong internal relationships and partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively apply knowledge and insights gained from research resources to media planning.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, supporting the team, self-development, etc.
- Proficiency with media research tools (e.g. Clear Decisions, Vividata, Neilson), and media tools (e.g. Prisma).
- Strong learning agility, with a passion for continuous development.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly developed organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast paced environment. Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with media partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel as required.
- Bilingual fluency in both French and English required.